Lower back tattoos for women are subject to myths. The most widespread of these myths is that women with lower back tattoos are licentious tramps ready for a romp with any man at the snap of her fingers. Well, we consider such an idea to be absolutely ridiculous!
Men and women of all stripes have their bodies inked with body art for various reasons. It can be to memorialize a person or commemorate an event or honor a certain group of people. It can be for the love of art itself with no other reason than to transform your body into a temple for the arts. Being sexually active or being of certain sexual preference has little to no bearing with choosing one of the designs for lower back tattoos for women.
With that being said, there are four factors that must be taken into consideration when choosing from among numerous lower back tattoo designs. These factors are true regardless of the feminine or masculine appearance of the tattoo.
- Centering - Most, if not all, lower back tattoos are designed to provide symmetry to the area in such a way as to accentuate the gentle flare of a woman’s hips. As such, tattoo artists will position the lower back tattoo with the curve in the spine as the center. This is true whether the tattoo is a single design located at the base of the spine or a flaring tattoo encompassing almost all the waist.
- Complementation – Lower back tattoos for women should ideally be designed to complement present and future inks. Keep in mind that the best tattoo designs are those that blend well with each other preferably ones with a cohesive story.
- Color - You can choose from either colored tattoos or black-and-white tattoos for your lower back. As with other forms of body art, it’s your personal choice because you will be wearing it.
- Cost – Of course, the general rule is that the larger the design, the higher the costs. You may be able to enjoy a discount if you are a valued customer of the tattoo salon.
When you have considered these important factors, you are more than likely to enjoy a lower back tattoo that you can be proud to display. So, get ready with your bikinis and hip-baring jeans.
Four Possible Designs
Obviously, the designs for lower back tattoos for women are as numerous as there are women on the planet. After all, each individual can draw an original design or tweak an original tattoo to suit her taste, which is allowed in the ink community for the simple reason that tattoos are personal expressions of body art.
The following four designs are the more popular lower back tattoos for the feminine form:
- Tribal tattoos are favorites because of the way these designs can cover the entire waistline.
- Floral designs suit most women because of their symbolisms as well as being expressions of strong femininity.
- Celtic tattoos are desired for their intricacy in knot work, which calls attention to the lower back.
- Heart designs can be coupled with other elements like flowers, thus, making for double symbolisms.
Indeed, lower back tattoos for women are things of beauty just as their wearers are beautiful creatures, each in her personal way.